At Richmond Creche and Kindergarten we encourage you to call us and make an appointment to come and view the centre before placing your child on the waiting list. We do tours at 9.30 or 10am, Monday - Friday in order to cause the least disruption to the children's learning.
Richmond Creche and Kindergarten has an extensive waiting list. This should not discourage prospective parents as vacancies do arise at times. The waiting list is an online system and you should fill in the form with your details. There is a $40 administrative fee to cover the costs of maintaining the waiting list.
Siblings of children currently enrolled will be given preference on enrolment if possible. The Australian Government has priority of access guidelines for allocating places. These guidelines are as follows:
- Priority 1- a child at risk of serious abuse or neglect
- Priority 2- a child of a single parent who satisfies, or of parents who both satisfy, the work/training/study test under section 14 of the New Tax System (Family assistance) Act 1999
- Priority 3- any other child
Within these main categories priority should also be given to the following children;
- Children in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
- Children in families which include a disabled person
- Children in families of low incomes
- Children in families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Children in socially isolated families
- Children of single parents
When we have a space in the centre we will call you and see if you still need care. You will then receive a confirmation email with a parent handbook and an Enrolment form attached.
On commencement it is recommended that an orientation to the creche takes place to allow both the parent/guardian and the child to become familiar with staff and surroundings. A parent/guardian is asked to stay with their child until it is felt that the child will cope with separation. It is hoped that by being flexible at this time, the child will be allowed the best chance of settling in.
Please note, we have a minimum 2 day enrolment for all children enrolled at Richmmond Creche and Kindergarten.